Water is very essential in our daily activities and so for our body also.
The average adult human body is 50-65% water, averaging around 57-60%. The percentage of water in infants is much higher, typically around 75-78% water, dropping to 65% by one year of age. Water is primary building block of the cells.
Functioning of water:
- Water is the primary building block of cells.
- It acts as an insulator, regulating internal body temperature. This is partly because water has a high specific heat, plus the body uses perspiration and respiration to regulate temperature.
- Water is needed to metabolize proteins and carbohydrates used as food. It is the primary component of saliva, used to digest carbohydrates and aid in swallowing food.
- The compound lubricates joints.
- Water insulates the brain, spinal cord, organs, and fetus. It acts as a shock absorber.
- Water is used to flush waste and toxins from the body via urine.
- Water is the principal solvent in the body. It dissolves minerals, soluble vitamins, and certain nutrients.
- Water carries oxygen and nutrients to cells.
But, are we drinking it in a right way?
Yes, friends drinking water in a wrong way can turn into harmful effects for your body and 90% of people drink in wrong way.
So, what is the right way now?
- Drink water in a sitting position: Many of us drink water in any position we are at, but the quite best way to have it is to drink at sitting position.
Standing and drinking inhibits kidney to filter water and muscles are not at relax position which stops quickly digesting fluids in body which imbalance fluids in body to greater extent and cause arthritis.
- Drink warm water: People suffering any problem like high cholesterol, obesity, cough, allergy, asthma, etc. should always drink warm water in empty stomach at morning.
- Acidity issue: People with Acidity issue should drink normal water
- Drinking water mixing with Go-mutra (20%) can be more beneficial.
- Always avoid drinking water while eating: Drinking water while taking food can inhibit proper digestion of intake and food we are eating will go waste without digestion and rot inside stomach which indirectly will create poison inside body and people may start suffering from diseases of stomach and uric acid type issues.
- Drink 1 glass of water 1/2 hour prior and later of taking food: Drinking 1 glass water before taking food will not allow you to eat more and drinking 1 glass of water after 1 hour is actually required by our body in digestion process.
- Acidic body: Our body is acidic in nature and saliva is alkaline in nature so, always drink water slowly in a sipping manner so that it mixes with saliva in mouth and gets down inside the body with saliva to reduce the acidic nature of body and it help a lot to eradicate disease due to acidic nature.
- In India, we call it ‘Usha paan’, when we drink water in empty stomach sipping saliva into stomach from mouth which can reduce 100s of disease from our body and maintain body weight.
- Don’t gulp water: In our daily body life schedule we do not give time to our self and just gulf water hurrily which is harmful and body will excrete 90% of it without utilizing it properly.
- Chill water: Drinking chill water is harmful and body has again to bring down its temperature to normal which is extra efforts of our body and cold water shrinks our cells, blood vessels and seriously slow down digestion process and also causes sore throat.
- Chill water causes joint pain and increase heart rate.
- Use Pots(made of soil) for drinking cold water which is actually useful to maintain pH of our body.
- Drinking too much water is also harmful when excess of anything is bad and it dilutes useful ions of our bodies.
These are the most common mistakes people do while drinking water, please follow the rules and be healthy.